What is The Carnivore Diet? Its Myth Exposed
I am sure by now that you have heard about the Carnivore Diet. What is the carnivore diet exactly?
Basically, it’s what it says it is, a diet of eating only meat. You can also eat different animal products like eggs, cheese, and some others I will cover later.
People are raving how fast they are losing weight while one the carnivore diet.
Evidence also shows that mood swings, and blood sugar issues are being regulated just after one week of being on the diet.
I will be listing more health benefits later, for now we will just stick with the basics.
The Carnivore Diet seems to be one of the stricter diets in today’s world of diets.
As of now there is no proven research that backs up any long-term benefits of being on this diet.
In today’s post I am going to review the Carnivore Diet, the good the bad and the ugly.
Plus, I will dig into that facts of how well it works with losing weight.
What is the Carnivore Diet Simplified?
Here is the exact definition on Wikipedia for you to check out.
Do you remember this saying "Wheres the beef". I am sure if you are my age, you remember that Wendy's commercial from the 80s.
That’s it in a nutshell an all meat diet. No carbs at all. Meat, Fish and some other animal food are okay.
Certain dairy products along with eggs and cheese are all good too.
If you are wondering about pork and chicken, turkey, then this will make you smile they are all part of the Carnivore Diet.
Most poultry and dairy products are fine.
Fruits, vegetables, grains and seeds are the big NO! Any foods that have carbs is a no.
The name of the game with this diet is about protein.
Most hardcore carnivore dieters will stay away from all sugar. This includes sugar that is found in low lactose milk.
Even some butter and hard cheeses might be in the category.
The controversy surrounding this diet goes back to our ancestors (caveman), since all they ate was meat (wild game), and fish mostly.
- Today’s experts are blaming our high carb intake for today’s problems with the rise of chronic diseases we are seeing.
- There are some other popular low-carb diets like Keto and Paleo diets.
- The difference with these two diets is keeping you on a low carb intake instead of no carbs at all.
Shawn Baker VS What is The Carnivore Diet
If you research what is the Carnivore Diet, I am sure you will come across the name Shawn Baker.
He’s a former US orthopedic doctor that is a big activist in the carnivore diet space.
Baker stands behind his personal testimonials, saying how it will change your life.
He claims once you are on this diet, it helps treat diabetes, anxiety, obesity, and more.
Nevertheless, there is no factual long-term research yet standing behind his claims with Carnivore Diet.
In due time I am sure we will see more about the Carnivore Diet as more long-term research is available.
Should I invest in Beef Futures?
- NO! You should not lol. I think people need to realize that a variety of foods is probably still best.
- When I say this, I mean long term. Fruits and veggies and healthy fats are a must for most of us. We all need a certain amount of fat to process.
- There are some good carbs like grains and brown rice etc.
There are important nutrients in these foods that we all need, like antioxidants and certain vitamins.
Most health experts agree along with scientists.
What they are saying is, you don’t want to stop eating all foods that are proven to be good for you.
These healthy foods have never been proven to be bad for you.
- There is another factor here and it’s called fiber.
- Who ever said that a high fiber diet is bad for you?
- Fiber is also good for weight loss and with lowering your risk of heart disease, cholesterol and stroke.
There are pros and cons with all diets and the carnivore is no different.
I think doing it short term is fine and I know that people are getting good results with it.
Will it Help You Lose Weight?
That is a good question. I know this post is about what is the Carnivore Diet but there are some things you need to know.
- There are many overwhelming claims that the carnivore diet will help you lose weight.
- Most of us know that high protein diets will help with weight loss.
- Studies do support this fact with most low carb diets.
The fact is protein makes you fuller after meals. This means that your total calorie intake is less so yes you will see some weight loss which makes perfect sense.
Having a high protein diet will also raise your metabolic rate, so this means you will burn more calories overall.
That is why when you are on the Carnivore Diet you feel less full, because you are consuming fewer calories and more protein.
- There are studies showing people on low carb diets are doing well with weight loss.
- Some will argue the fact that you don’t have to eliminate all carbs to lose weight.
- The Carnivore Diet will not be easy to follow long term, I think short term is the way to go if you are going to give it a shot.
I know that some people are doing 6 days on and 1 off to get some fat in their diet. There people are friends of mine and are getting great results with this time frame.
They are also only doing this month by month pending how they feel etc.
Overall with this diet, it’s going to be a lot harder than most people realize.
The simple fact, as with any diet, you need to have discipline when doing it. I know it sounds easy, just eating meat, fish, and eggs, but honestly for myself it’s not for me.
My opinion is, like with anything else out their moderation is the key.
I did not want to go crazy with this post and make it like 2000 words.
My goal was to explain to you what is the carnivore diet? plain and simple.
I will be adding more posts about the carnivore diet in the future.
If you have any question about anything, please leave a comment or contact me and I will get back with you asap.